Services – Legal Aspect
Paperwork requirements for Brazilian Citizens getting married in Italy
Brazilian Citizens getting married in Italy must submit the following documents:
1. Brazilian valid passport;
2. Certificate of No Impediment to marriage issued by the Consular section of a Brazilian Consulate or Embassy in Italy.
- a) passaporte brasileiro original do(a) interessado(a);
- b) certidão de nascimento do(a) interessado(a), com data de expedição inferior a 06 (seis) meses;
- c) se for casado(a), certidão de casamento brasileira, com data de expedição inferior a 06 (seis) meses;
- d) se for divorciado(a), certidão de casamento brasileira com a sentença de averbação do divórcio, com data de expedição inferior a 06 (seis) meses;
- e) se for viúvo(a), certidão de óbito do cônjuge falecido;
- f) declaração sobre estado civil, assinada por duas testemunhas, com assinatura e firma reconhecida em cartório brasileiro.
IMPORTANT: Women whose previous marriage was terminated within the last 300 days must obtain a waiver from a law court in Italy. This is issued on medical evidence that she is not pregnant.
“These instructions have been prepared on the basis of the most updated information notified to our company by the relevant authorities. The aim of these instructions is to provide guidance to our potential clients. However this guidance is without prejudice to any amendments applied from time to time to current procedures by authorities involved in wedding paperwork, which will be confirmed by our staff upon confirmation of wedding bookings.”
“The information provided herein reflects the most updated instructions made available to us. We disclaim all responsibility and liability with regard to any changes and amendments dictated by the relevant authorities involved in the process that might be introduced with immediate effect and with no prior notice.”